Last Updated: February 14, 2022
This independently owned and run vocal studio is for pro-minded singers of Pop, Country, R&B, Rock, Gospel, and Contemporary Christian/Inspirational music.
As a dedicated singer, you agree to:
- Respect and stay true to the policies listed below.
- Show up on time for all scheduled sessions.
- Set and work on the goals we establish.
- Do the work, practice, and take full responsibility for your success.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Try your best and be yourself.
- Stay humble and kind in this environment. Treat everyone respectfully, regardless of age, race, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or gender identity. Your fellow singers are your colleagues with a common goal, and you will treat them as team members and not competitors.
Here's what you can expect from me:
- I promise to treat clients and families with care and respect.
- I will always give you my best when it comes to instruction.
- I will always return your call, text, or email in a timely and professional manner.
- I will always be on time, barring any emergency or technical failure.
- I will always listen when you have a concern and try my best to solve the problem.
- I will always own up to my mistakes.
- I will exhibit and nurture my studio values.
A video and audio enabling device with an internet connection
- (direct Ethernet connection is ideal).
- Smartphones, laptops, and tablets all work fine.
- Devices with larger screens are preferable.
- A way of stabilizing your device, like a small tripod stand.
- A secondary device to play accompaniment tracks.
- A headset with a microphone, or a USB microphone with a pop filter
- Headphones or earbuds
- A piano, keyboard, or guitar
For the best audio during your singing lesson, consider a USB microphone with a pop filter. A quality microphone will ensure that your voice comes through clearly and a USB microphone will connect directly to your laptop or computer.
If you use a microphone that has an XLR connector, you will also need an audio interface, cables, and more.
A pop filter will reduce any explosive sounds that are generated by your breath, hitting the microphone directly while you are singing. This way, your instructor can better hear the intricacies of your voice during your singing lesson.
If your goals include learning to read music, songwriting, or learning to sing and play an instrument at the same time, you'll want to have a piano, keyboard, or guitar readily available. That way, you can always be building the skill of singing while playing your instrument of choice.
We use four main apps for lessons:
- Complete Vocal Technique – This app is the textbook for the vocal techniques we use in the studio. It has all the videos, sound bites, and charts that will help you progress quickly and answer questions outside of your lessons. You can purchase it at the Apple App Store on Google Play. The student will need the paid version. (Ages 12 and up)
- RSL Awards Learning Platform for students who wish to learn to play keyboard, guitar, or ukulele.
- Ear Master Pro is a music reading and sight singing program for all singers and instrumentalists. We will pay for this and send you the login information.
- Karaoke and background music – We will provide high-quality tracks for our students free of charge.
My Music Staff:
My Music Staff is the app where you can do all your online payments, scheduling, rehearsal practice, communication. Students can also record their practice time, access their assignments, recordings, sheet music, link to their zoom lesson, and communicate with me, all within the student portal. My Music Staff is great because everything is in one place and keeps the studio organized. My Music Staff tutorials are included at the end of the document. My Music Staff will send email and text reminders before every session. Please do not call or text me for lesson changes and cancellations. They must all be done through My Music Staff.
The Importance of Attendance:
Please arrive at your sessions on time and ready to sing. Late arrivals will receive shortened session times. If you don't show up within 10 minutes after the lesson's starting time without letting me know, you will forfeit your session.
All sessions are done virtually via Zoom unless there is an extenuating circumstance like live performance coaching on a stage or music production in the studio. If Zoom chooses to falter, we will continue the lesson via Skype, Facetime, or WhatsApp.
For virtual vocal sessions, payment is made at the time of booking or when signing on for a program, your payment reserves your time. Students have two fault-free cancellations per calendar year with a twenty-four-hour notice. Your lesson must be rescheduled within seven days; otherwise, the session is forfeited.
Please communicate the cancellation and rescheduling via My Music Staff Portal. Emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis. When you book a service, please keep in mind that you pay for much more than the time we spend together.
Here are some other things I provide behind the scenes:
- I prepare intensively for each session with you.
- I tailor each session to your needs.
- I do my research on the rep we pick and the auditions you are submitting for.
- I keep my equipment, hardware, and software up to date to provide you with a smooth-as-can-be experience.
- I connect you to other resources (e.g. agents, managers, promoters, booking agents, producers).
- I receive continuing education in different areas of the performing arts to guide you according to current industry standards.
- I pay fees, taxes, and more that are linked to your payments.
Payments and Termination:
Virtuoso Entertainment Group will bill you automatically on the 25th day of every month with an itemized list of classes being charged included on your invoice. We appreciate you setting up your payment information in the MyMusicStaff portal promptly, with your credit card and/or Bank ACH information.
Also, please note that there is a $25 late payment fee assessed for payments five days overdue.
Regrettably, Virtuoso Entertainment Group will have to dismiss a singer from the studio if any of these circumstances occur:
- Failure to make payments on time
- Persistent absences
- Lack of progress due to insufficient practice or unfulfilled requirements
- Especially content planning and social media posting if you're in the Artist Development Program.
Programs are automatically re-initiated and charged once the program is over, and the student is eligible to go to the next level.
If you would like to stop programs or talk about upgrading or downgrading to a different program, we must have written notice 30 days before your current program ends. Email email@example.com to let us know or to schedule a conversation about the next steps.
Virtuoso Entertainment Group will always communicate essential items, like cancellations, scheduling, closings, exceptional opportunities, etc., via email. In the event of short notice items, from time to time, a text will also be sent. If you have a specific question(s), please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive a response as soon as possible (usually within 24 hours). You can also communicate with me via the Student or Parent Portal. If you choose to send me a direct message via text, Facebook, or Instagram, be prepared for them to get lost in the shuffle. If you would like to speak to us directly, via phone or video chat, please send us an email and we will set up a time to chat.
Communications with Affiliates, Partners, Vendors, and Teachers:
All communication with Virtuoso Entertainment Group affiliates, partners, vendors and teachers must go directly through us here at Virtuoso Entertainment Group. You may not contact them directly or request their information. This is to keep our clients safe by making sure you get the best rates, advice, and service(s) throughout your experience with us. There may be certain times when we will connect you directly with said personnel, but that will happen on a case by case basis and as needed. All of our service providers are thoroughly vetted in-house. However, there have been instances where clients have made side deals with other affiliates, partners, vendors, teachers, etc., and the result(s) has not been favorable or beneficial to them (re: which had an end result of bad deals that we were not able to correct). This is why we make this statement to you in advance, as we have your best interests top of mind at all times -- ensuring you get the best of everything while working with us. Part of which is to do our best to protect you from experiences such as this.
If you have any questions or concerns during this part of your learning and growing process, please do not hesitate to contact us via email (noted above on this page).
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Week
- Christmas Eve through to January 1st
- Memorial Day
- Summer Break (Week of July 4th)
If you have a religious or national holiday that is not listed in our studio holidays, please let me know so I can schedule accordingly.